We’re trying out a new format. The Show is now locked down to just an hour long, and anything that doesn’t fit in gets thrown into a new overflow show we’re calling Discourse XL. If you like short shows, or don’t like the rambling we sometimes allow ourselves, don’t listen to XL. If you like long shows, listen to the normal show, and then the XL. If you’re a complete weirdo, just listen to the XL.
This is an experiment, if we like it, we’ll stick with it, part of how much we like it depends on your response.
Massive $2400 phone giveaway!
Thanks to Telecom XT we’ve got 3 (three!) Motorola Defy android phones to give away, Dylan already snarfed one for getting the phones, and for coming up with the competition idea which is…
Come up with the best idea for a competition to give away a phone, and you win a phone! And then we run your comp and give away the last phone! It’s like everyone wins! Exclamation mark!
Enter the competition competition NOW, who knows, your crappy idea might be the best idea.
If you like the show, please tell your friends on twitter and Facebook.
- Islam in Europe (Wikipedia)
- How a clueless “terrorism expert” set media suspicion on Muslims after Oslo horror
- Fuck Tournament (Posterous)
- A whiff of history (Boston Globe)
- Want Happiness? Don’t Buy More Stuff — Go on Vacation (Time Moneyland)
- Google Plus Deleting Accounts En Masse: No Clear Answers (ZDNet)
- Google To Discontinue Google Labs (Slashdot)
- Robert Pattinson ‘wants to play killer’ (3News)
- Burqa an affront to human dignity say Muslim women (NZHerald)
- Police ‘not surprised’ by Taser failures (NZHerald)
- Neanderthal Genes Found In All Non-African Populations (Slashdot)
- Woman grows nipple on sole of foot (NSFW?) (Boing Boing)
- No fun for ‘zombie-like’ employees (NZHerald)
- A pound of flesh: how Cisco’s “unmitigated gall” derailed one man’s life (Ars Technica)
- Your Aunty reckons you should check out:
- Children’s Hospital (IMDb)
- The Discourse Weekly Show Urban Dictionary Word of the Week
Follow us on twitter
Boogity boogity boogity.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J74y88YuSJ8[/youtube]
Dancing squid (Not Safe For Squeamish People)[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxQmOR_QLfQ[/youtube]
Sesame Street breaks it down[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/26570444[/vimeo]