Very special guest
We were delighted to have Labour Party MP Jacinda Ardern join us on the show this week. We mainly talk about the MSD/WINZ kiosk security debacle, but we speak about a few other things as well.
Here’s Jacinda in parliament, systematically demolishing Paula Bennett and the Government in the wake of the revelation of serious security flaws being discovered in WINZ self-service kiosks:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni7skAMp45U[/youtube]
Beer competition winner!
Congratulations to Nic Steenhout winner of the lovely Epic Orcon Pale Ale, as soon as you listen to the show please send your delivery address to email@example.com. If you don’t get in touch by next week we’ll either re-draw the comp (or maybe I’ll just drink it myself).
Yes there’s an overflow, I think you can probably figure out where it is.
- Keith Ng – MSD’s Leaky Servers (Public Address)
- Keith Ng – The Source (Public Address)
- Dealing with #WTFMSD (Dylan Reeve)
- Skydiver breaks speed of sound after jumping from edge of space (Ars Technica)
- Chuck Yeager Reenacts Historic Sound Barrier Flight (Time)
- Driver takes wrong turn into shopping arcade (NZ Herald)
- S. Carolina Supreme Court: Leaving Email In the Cloud Isn’t Electronic Storage (Slashdot)
- Moa Beer: Investing to please and anger (Idealog)
- WikiLeaks Angers Supporters With Donation ‘Paywall’ For Leaked Material (Forbes)
- Status affects how readily people return smiles, research reveals (Guardian)
- Copyright bill a ‘Green agenda’ (NZ Herald)
- Curran blasts Jones’ remarks (NZ Herald)
- Anti-Gay Christian Pretends to be Gay for a Year (The Independent)
- Study finds no link between HPV vaccine and promiscuity (3 News)
- Don’t Believe The FUD: Windows 8 Is Much Better Than You Think (TechCrunch)
- Top 10 worst NZ city slogans (Stuff)
- Saudi Arabia Calls For Global Internet Censorship Body (Slashdot)
- Trust in police hits new low survey shows (Stuff)
- Google May Soon Scan Your Android Apps For Malware (Slashdot)
- Unmasking Reddit’s Violentacrez, The Biggest Troll on the Web (Gawker)
Urban Dictionary Word of the Week
What’s your aunty been talking about?
- The Walking Dead (IMDb)
Best of Lifehacker
Follow us on twitter