If you like the show, please tell your friends on twitter and Facebook.
Recorded live in front of a rowdy online audience on mixlr.com.
Discourse Talent Show
Submissions are open now, go to discourse.co.nz/comp to send your entry in. You’ve got a couple of weeks to get your entry in. Any creative, cool, or fun endeavor that you can document and present online will do. A photo (or photoshop), painting, recorded dance, song, poem, performing a joke, doing a backflip, or whatever it is you can come up with. The Discourse team will pick one winner, and the audience favourite will also win.
Both winners receive an HTC Trophy Windows Phone 7 phone, thanks to Microsoft. The worst entry gets some junky android handset from the grimy bottom of Ben’s gadget box.
Motorola Defy Giveaway
The final Telecom XT Motorola Defy has been won! Congratulations to Aaron Gillon, for destroying a perfectly good Samsung Galaxy S you get the also perfectly good but very slightly newer Motorola Defy.
Here’s the destruction, in glorious Internet-Vision-O-Scope.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbhDhQ_5jL8[/youtube]
Nicely done, Aaron.
Do you prefer longer episodes? If so, once you’ve finished listening to this episode, you should listen to Discourse XL, the episode 14 overflow show.
A Word From Our Sponsor
- RWC: benefits ‘wildly overestimated’ (NZ Herald)
- Fanbois treat criticism of favorite brands as threat to self-image (Ars Technica)
- The Agony and the Ecstasy: The Quiet Mission to Fight PTSD With Psychedelic Drugs (Motherboard.tv)
- August 18: HP Pre3 Makes Stealthy Entrance Into The European Market, U.S. To Follow (TechCrunch)
- August 19: HP washing its hands of webOS: discontinues tablets, Pre phones (Ars Technica)
- 90 Percent of People Don’t Know How to Use CTRL+F (The Atlantic)
- Teacher Cannot Be Sued For Denying Creationism (Slashdot)
- HP TouchPad To Be Liquidated At Fire Sale Prices (Slashdot)
- Apple Defies Australian Government (Slashdot)
- Lawyer rubbishes police claims over autistic ‘looter’ (NZ Herald)
- $12m Lotto winner had to ask for a day off (NZ Herald)
- Your Aunty reckons you should check out:
- Louie (IMDb)
- The Discourse Weekly Show Urban Dictionary Word of the Week
Follow us on twitter
Synchronised Skydiving-Tube-Thing Performance[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVvRWVoHDb8[/youtube]