This week we’re joined by popular Green party MP & rising star Gareth Hughes.
If you like the show, please tell your friends on twitter and Facebook.
Recorded live in front of a rowdy online audience on mixlr.com.
Massive $2400 phone giveaway!
Thanks to Telecom XT we’ve got 3 (three!) Motorola Defy android phones to give away, Dylan snarfed the first for getting the phones, Gary Henson won the second for coming up with the best competition, and if Aaron Gillon goes through with his promise of destroying a Samsung Galaxy S by slingshotting it into a wall, he gets the third one.
But all is not lost, if Aaron doesn’t destroy his Galaxy S (and frankly I think he’d be mad to, it’s a great phone) the last Motorola Defy goes back into the pool and we’ll choose another entrant. And even if he does, we’ve got even more great prizes in the goody bag, coming up in the next couple of episodes.
Do you prefer longer episodes? If so, once you’ve finished listening to this episode, you should listen to Discourse XL, the episode 13 overflow show.
A Word From Our Sponsor
- There is no such thing as Vegan (Elephant)
- Scientists lose fastest plane ever built (3 News)
- Google Buys Motorola Mobility for $12.5B, Says “Android Will Stay Open” (TechCrunch)
- Push For Big Patent Holdings Brews In Tech Sector (The Wall Street Journal)
- Google Goes Soup-To-Nuts On Android With Bid For Motorola (TechCrunch)
- Password Strength (XKCD)
- Mayor pushes tolls to pay for rail loop (NZ Herald)
- Rethink opens way for cyclists, walkers on bridge (NZ Herald)
- No charges for TVNZ after looting probe (NZ Herald)
- ‘Ban it’ – cry of the Aussie loser (NZ Herald)
- BART Shuts Down Cell Service To Thwart Rumored Protests, Gets Actual Protests (And Has To Close Stations) (TechCrunch)
- Your Aunty reckons you should check out:
- Strike Back (IMDb)
- The Discourse Weekly Show Urban Dictionary Word of the Week
Follow us on twitter
Snow on Cuba Mall in central Wellington, by Ro Tierney[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/27709878[/vimeo]