We wanted to check in on the listeners, so about the last possible minute we decided to have a live show, put up an audio only ustream, and invited our friends on twitter to come join us – and for those who were keen, to call us up on skype and talk to us on the show. We had a lot of fun recording this one, I hope you enjoy it too.
Tell a friend
No, really, tell a friend. (Maybe don’t mention episode 19 though, eh?)
- Caller: Dave Dustin.
- Caller: Dave Currie from Egonomist podcast.
- Cheap supermarket beer ‘doing harm’ (NZ Herald)
- According to people who have a financial interest in stopping it.
- Caller: Mark Derricutt from Illegal Argument podcast.
- (Java sucks and crashed the stream, though recording wasn’t interrupted.)
- Caller: LouiseVR.
- Caller: Tom Isaacson, who is just back from China.
- Caller: James Will from the internet.
- Spy boss Lt Gen Jerry Mateparae (NBR)
- Jerry Mateparae, Badass (MorganNichol.com)
- I made the most offensive joke we’ve ever had, it’s pretty bad.
- Sparkling sex toy for Twilight fans (Filmdrunk)
- 2Degrees Huawei IDEOS X5 Review (ben.geek.nz)
- We’re finally sending the Huawei IDEOS u8150 to Sam, who won it fair and square ages ago.
- Chart: Microsoft’s performance under Gates vs. Ballmer (ZDNet)
- How Steve Jobs bent the truth at the iPad 2 announcement (Computerworld)
- Jobs delivers iPad 2 (Cnet)
- Confirmed: Brownlee made it up
- Key’s 10,000 house claim queried (NZ Herald)
- Ken Ring can’t predict earthquakes (NBR)
- John Campbell vs. Ken Ring (3News)
- Labour re-brands its logo (NBR)
- Census cancelled over Christchurch earthquake (NZ Herald)
- Alcon Entertainment in Final Negotiations for ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel and Prequel (The Wrap)
- ‘Star Wars’ 3D Will Be Released in Early 2012: Is This Good News? (The Atlantic)
- 2011 Will Break The All Time Record For Movie Sequels (SlashFilm)
- Caller: Dan Too.
- Study Shows Technology May Inhibit Good Sleep (Slashdot)
- The Discourse Weekly Show Urban Dictionary Word of the Week
- Podcasts we like:
- v48hours short film comp
- Join my team in the comp, use the talk back page, or hit me up on twitter.
- Caller: Layton Duncan, who went through a huge aftershock during recording of the show.
Follow us on twitter